About WLC

The William L. Callahan Elementary School was originally Burrillville High School which was built in 1936. It remained Burrillville's High School until the late 1960's.  From that point forward, it has been used as an elementary school.  Recently it has gone through two major renovations.   The first was in 1973.  In that renovation, it added the brick area to the right of the original high school.  In 2007, a new Gymnasium, science lab and office area was added, while the rest of the school was completely updated. 

Today there are currently 303 students who attend grades two through five.